Spirit and Truth: Frankfort 6/21/15
Call to Worship
We begin each week with a reading known as the Call to Worship. This serves as a reminder that all true worship begins with God –He is the one who initiates this divine conversation with His people and we respond.
Call to Worship: Psalm 66:1-4
Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise! Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you. All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.”
Song: “Rise” by Matt Bronleewe and Kari Jobe
Responsive Prayer: The Gospel Way (Adapted from The Valley of Vision)
- Leader: O Christ, No human mind could ever conceive or invent the gospel; for it is too great.
- All: Acting in eternal grace, You, Christ, are both its messenger and its message, lived out on earth through infinite compassion, subjecting Yourself to insult, injury, and death, that we might be redeemed, ransomed, and freed.
- Leader: Take us to the cross, once again, to remember this glorious grace;
- All: Remove from us any inclination that we have achieved righteousness by our own doings; Remind us that we are clothed in the righteousness of our Redeemer.
- Leader: You have justified us freely and united us in Yourself with inseparable bonds,
- All: that nothing may ever draw us back from You, our Lord, our Savior. Amen.
Song: “The Cross of Christ” by Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, Jason Ingram, and Reuben Morgan
Song: “Stronger” by Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan
The Preaching of God’s Word
Sermon: Exodus 15:1-21
Worship through Response
After the sermon, we respond in a number of ways –through singing, prayer, the Offering, and the Lord’s Supper.
The Offering: As followers of Christ and as members of The Point Community Church, we joyfully participate in giving a portion of our income in a regular sacrificial way.
The Lord’s Supper: As a church, sharing the Lord’s Supper is a significant event where believers gratefully acknowledge the death of Christ as the fully payment for our sin.
Song: “In Christ Alone” by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend
Song: “Once For All” by Josiah Warneking and Josh Miller
Communication and Celebration
Song: “You Have Been Raised” by Mark Altrogge, Ken Boer, and Bob Kauflin
Every week before we leave, we receive a benediction, or blessing, from God’s Word. Just as the worship gathering begins with God’s call, it ends with God’s promise of his blessing over us as we leave to go and be the church.
Benediction, and Sending
May the Lord who has led us in his steadfast love continue to lead us as we live and rest in the redeeming work of Christ. Go be the church!