Spirit and Truth: Frankfort 6/14/15
Call to Worship
We begin each week with a reading known as the Call to Worship. This serves as a reminder that all true worship begins with God –He is the one who initiates this divine conversation with His people and we respond.
Call to Worship: from Revelation 15:3-4
“Great and amazing are your deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations! Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
Song: “God Undefeatable” by Aaron Ivey and Ross King
Welcome and Prayer
Responsive Reading: adapted from “The Name of Jesus” in The Valley of Vision
- Leader: Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Son of Man, You truly know our hearts and actions; You see our sin far more clearly than we ever could.
- People: But while we were sinners, You has died for us. You have died to give us life.
- Leader: In Your great name, the prisoners find redemption; the guilty find pardon; the sinners find new life.
- People: In Your great name, the weak find everlasting strength; the needy find unsearchable riches; the empty find fullness.
- Leader: We have all these things in you, the Son of God.
- People: Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us. Amen.
Song: “Your Great Name” by Michael Neale and Krissy Nordhoff
Song: “Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus” by William James Kirkpatrick and Louisa M. R. Stead
The Preaching of God’s Word
Sermon: Exodus 13:17-4:30
Worship through Response
After the sermon, we respond in a number of ways –through singing, prayer, the Offering, and the Lord’s Supper.
The Offering: As followers of Christ and as members of The Point Community Church, we joyfully participate in giving a portion of our income in a regular sacrificial way.
The Lord’s Supper: As a church, sharing the Lord’s Supper is a significant event where believers gratefully acknowledge the death of Christ as the fully payment for our sin.
Song: “All I Have Is Christ” by Jordan Kauflin
Song: “Love Shines” by Matt Carter, Philip Edsel, and Aaron Ivey
Communication and Celebration
Song: “Rejoice” by Dustin Kensrue and Stuart Townend
Every week before we leave, we receive a benediction, or blessing, from God’s Word. Just as the worship gathering begins with God’s call, it ends with God’s promise of his blessing over us as we leave to go and be the church.
Benediction, and Sending: Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Go be the church!