Spirit and Truth: Frankfort 5/3/15
Call to Worship
We begin each week with a reading known as the Call to Worship. This serves as a reminder that all true worship begins with God –He is the one who initiates this divine conversation with His people and we respond.
Call to Worship: Psalm 105:1-3
- Leader: Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name;
- All: Make known his deeds among the peoples!
- Leader: Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!
- All: Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
Song: “Rejoice” by Dustin Kensrue and Stuart Townend
Welcome and Prayer
Song: “Behold Our God” by Stephen Altrogge, Jonathan Baird, Meghan Baird, and Ryan Baird
Responsive Scripture Reading: based on Romans 1:18-25; 3:23-25
- Leader: The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
- All: For what could be known about God was plain to us, because God had shown it to us. For his eternal power and divine nature had been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that had been made.
- Leader: So we were without excuse. For although we knew God, we did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but we became futile in our thinking, and our foolish hearts were darkened.
- All: We exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Leader: But we are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.
Song: “You Are Worthy” by Jon Shirley
The Preaching of God’s Word
Sermon: The Might of the Redeemer; Exodus 7:14-8:20
Worship through Response
After the sermon, we respond in a number of ways –through singing, prayer, the Offering, and the Lord’s Supper.
The Offering: As followers of Christ and as members of The Point Community Church, we joyfully participate in giving a portion of our income in a regular sacrificial way.
The Lord’s Supper: As a church, sharing the Lord’s Supper is a significant event where believers gratefully acknowledge the death of Christ as the fully payment for our sin.
Song: “Come Behold The Wondrous Mystery” by Matt Boswell, Matt Papa, and Michael Bleecker
Song: “All The Poor and Powerless” by Leslie Jordan and David Leonard
Announcements and Prayer
Song: “10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)” by Jonas Myrin and Matt Redman
Every week before we leave, we receive a benediction, or blessing, from God’s Word. Just as the worship gathering begins with God’s call, it ends with God’s promise of his blessing over us as we leave to go and be the church.
Benediction and Sending: Zephaniah 3:15-17
The Lord has taken away the judgments against you; he has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst; you shall never again fear evil. 16 On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: “Fear not, O Zion; let not your hands grow weak. 17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
Go and be the church!