Spirit and Truth: Frankfort 4/26/15
Call to Worship
We begin each week with a reading known as the Call to Worship. This serves as a reminder that all true worship begins with God –He is the one who initiates this divine conversation with His people and we respond.
Call to Worship: Psalm 66:1-4
Shout for joy to God, all the earth; 2 sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise! 3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you. 4 All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.”
Song: “Lord of All” by Kristian Stanfill
Welcome and Prayer
Song: “Grace Alone” by Dustin Kensrue
Responsive Scripture Reading: adapted from Luke 1:46-55
- Leader: Our souls magnify the Lord, and our spirits rejoice in God our Savior,
- All: for he who is mighty has done great things for us, and holy is his name.
- Leader: And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.
- All: He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;
- Leader: He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever.
Song: “He Who Is Mighty” by Kate DeGraide and Rebecca Elliott
The Preaching of God’s Word
Sermon: Exodus 7:1-13
Worship through Response
After the sermon, we respond in a number of ways –through singing, prayer, the Offering, and the Lord’s Supper.
The Offering: As followers of Christ and as members of The Point Community Church, we joyfully participate in giving a portion of our income in a regular sacrificial way.
The Lord’s Supper: As a church, sharing the Lord’s Supper is a significant event where believers gratefully acknowledge the death of Christ as the fully payment for our sin.
Song: “It’s Your Grace” by Bob Kauflin and Doug Plank
Song: “All I Have Is Christ” by Jordan Kauflin
Announcements and Prayer
Song: “Marvelous Light” by Charlie Hall
Every week before we leave, we receive a benediction, or blessing, from God’s Word. Just as the worship gathering begins with God’s call, it ends with God’s promise of his blessing over us as we leave to go and be the church.
Benediction and Sending: Based on 1 Peter 2:9-10
May the God of our Salvation grant us grace and boldness to proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called us out of darkness and into his marvelous light! We’ve been set apart as God’s people so now, let’s go and be the church!