Spirit and Truth: Frankfort 3/22/15
Call to Worship
We begin each week with a reading known as the Call to Worship. This serves as a reminder that all true worship begins with God –He is the one who initiates this divine conversation with His people and we respond.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 95:1-7
- Leader: Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
- All: Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
- Leader: For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
- All: In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.
- Leader: Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
- All: For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
Song: “How Great Thou Art”
by Stuart Wesley Keene Hine
Song: “Behold Our God”
by Stephen Altrogge, Jonathan Baird, Meghan Baird, and Ryan Baird
Song: “’Tis So Sweet”
by William James Kirkpatrick and Louisa M. R. Stead
The Preaching of God’s Word
Sermon: Exodus 3 – The God Who Draws Near To Us
Worship through Response
After the sermon, we respond in a number of ways –through singing, prayer, the Offering, and the Lord’s Supper.
The Offering: As followers of Christ and as members of The Point Community Church, we joyfully participate in giving a portion of our income in a regular sacrificial way.
The Lord’s Supper: As a church, sharing the Lord’s Supper is a significant event where believers gratefully acknowledge the death of Christ as the fully payment for our sin.
Song: “How Deep The Father’s Love For Us”
by Stuart Townend
Song: “You Are Worthy”
by Jon Shirley
Song: “Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)”
by Michael Bleecker and Mark Hall
Every week before we leave, we receive a benediction, or blessing, from God’s Word. Just as the worship gathering begins with God’s call, it ends with God’s promise of his blessing over us as we leave to go and be the church.
Benediction and Sending: 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
Go and be the church!